In Rock review by Deep Purple

Deep Purple: In Rock

In the early '70s, Deep Purple had just started with the new formation, which one after some years would be known as the greatest shape os Deep Purple. Blackmore, Lord, Paice and the new members, Gillan and Glover, made a concert with the London Orchestra. They've just had their adventure by the classical music when they released In Rock, a heavy record with fast rhythms and agressive lyrics. This record was like a punch in the critics. Very unexpected at that tim for Deep Purple.

This record is the first of the Mk2, and Ian Gillan, the singer, showed everyone that he wasn't a rookie. Reaching high notes and singing the songs almost feeling them, he made the songs turn into real. The lyrics of this CD alternate into heavy and soft, giving the album a great balance.

This album is, without any doubt, one of the greatest ever made by Deep Purple. They put a lot of themselves in there and the result couldn't be better. It's an unique album. All the songs are great, but the better ones are Black Night and, of course, Child in Time. There's nothing to hate about it. Fans of Deep Purple don't need, they must have In Rock!

Silas S Thompso
    No wonder Bruce Dickinson cites this as his first and most favorite metal album. I love Speedking, Bloodsuckers, Child in Time. Those really stand out with the screams from Ian.
    CannonsAhoy
    I haven't bought the album yet, I only have it from the library at the time, curse me!