Rapture Of The Deep review by Deep Purple

• Released: Nov 1, 2005
Deep Purple: Rapture Of The Deep

Hmm, is this Deep Purple? Yup, it sure is. It may not sound like it at first but, it's 100% Deep Purple. Now, 'Money Talks', what I can say about this song for sure is that it's different. It doesn't sound like any other band I've heard. But one of my favorite Deep Purple songs. Most of the other songs sound Deep Purplish. One thing on that note is it may sound like Deep Purple, but it isn't Steve Morse. His style is more technical on the lower side. 'Clearly Quite Absurd' is the best ballad that has been put out of this band, hands down.

All lyrics in a song I don't pay any attention to. I took some time reading each song, and I come to an understanding that it's about change in today's world. The rich get richer, justice system is becoming corrupt, teenage sex, typical rock n' roll lyrics about booze, and being a lost soul.

It's very different to what's been put out by Deep Purple in the past decade. Not usual Steve Morse guitar, that's all I have to stay about the sound, everyone else sounds great. I liked that there wasn't a terrible song and there was nothing I hated about it. Listen to this album and you won't be disappointed. I don't care how you get your hands on it, just get. This is one of a more promising albums to be glad about. I just wish it was more known.

Cobalt Blue
    I was waiting to see a review on this. I've been meaning to get this album since it came out, but their albums always seemed to be pretty pricey. I'm still waiting for them to hit Toronto on this tour, I saw them on the Bananas tour 3 times... P.S. i just did a review of Purpendicular, check it out.
    Smitty370
    I did, well done. Since I've hear Purpendicular, I thought is was better than Rapture and I hear Rapture before Purpendicular.
    aig91
    I hear nothing but good things about this album. Maybe I should consider getting it.
    FVD
    This is a fantastic album and perhaps better than Bananas. Rapture demonstrates what a Deep Purple album is all about. Love the bonus tracks too. MTV is a great track. Love Ian Gillan's sarcastic tongue directed at the poor excuse of a Music Television station and Things I Never Said too is another brilliant tune. I like how they added that song to their current setlist on tour. I really need to get my hands on the Tour Edition where a studio version of Steve's Well Dressed Guitar is also present. As is an alternate version of Clearly Quite Absurd (lovely version but still prefer the original). Another great thing about Rapture is how Don Airey is making his presence more obvious in this album. And try to pick on Paicey's little drum fill on MTV. See what classic Purple song it reminds you of. Score: 8.5/10
    Smitty370
    I agree with the fact that potentially that this album is better than Bananas. Plus, Don Airey sounds almost like Jon Lord in every song this time. In Bananas, Airey sounded like s***.