Stormbringer review by Deep Purple

• Released: Feb 23, 2009
Deep Purple: Stormbringer

This album is one of the best Purple albums to date. This was recorded with the 1974 line-up of Ritchie Blackmore, David Coverdale, Glenn Hughes, John Lord and Ian Paice. Classic rock songs like Stormbringer and High Ball Shooter sound great, then there is mor bluesy tunes such as Soldier Of Fortune and Holy Man. Band sounds excellent on every single track.

All the lyrics on this album are sung by David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes except on Holy Man which is sung by Glenn Hughes and Soldier Of Fortune which is sung by David Coverdale. The lyrics go with the music very well, especially on the Stormbringer track which sounds fantastic. David Coverdale and Glenn Hughes are very unique singers and sound excellent on this album.

This album is much better than the Burn album which was released in the same year as this. The most impressive songs for me are Stormbringer, Holy Man and High Ball Shooter. If it were lost or stolen I would buy this album again for sure.

FVD
    Love Stormbringer. Despite being the last album to feature Ritchie Blackmore in the 70's, though he didn't like the album his guitar work still sounded very good. Favourite tracks include Stormbringer, Holy Man, Lady Double Dealer, You Can't Do It Right, High Ball Shooter, Gypsy and the beautiful Soldier of Fortune. Okay so it's most of the album. There really isn't a fault on this album. I still find the vocal duo of Coverdale and Hughes to be one of the best vocal combinations in Rock history. You Fool No One, Gypsy and You Keep On Moving is evidence. So we're supposed to be getting a remastered Stormbringer sometime this year. And that Glenn is overseeing the process. Hope we don't have to wait another year.
    highwaystar240
    this album is beatiful stormbringer,holy man and soldier of fortune are legendary songs i'm the biggest deep purple fan ever they inspired and will inspire my entire life i'll look forward to the remastered version of this album