Adrenalize Review

Def Leppard: Adrenalize
Release Date: Mar 31, 1992
Label: Mercury
Genres: Hard Rock, Pop/Rock, Heavy Metal, Hair Metal, Pop-Metal
Adrenalize is competent, workmanlike, and impeccably produced, but not much more.
 9.4
 8.7
review (1) 7 comments vote for this album:
Adrenalize Reviewed by: defleppettychik, on july 10, 2008

Sound: This is the only album the band recorded as a "four piece." It was released after guitarist Steve Clark's death on January 8, 1991. I was very impressed that they sounded so well with only one guitar! It has a very upbeat tempo with pop/rock songs you can dance to or rock out hard to! The opening riff to "White Lightning" is pure genius! In fact the whole album is! A great follow up to "Hysteria"! // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics is what mkes an artist music sing-able! The lyrics on Def Leppard's fifth studio album "Adrenalize" are just mindblowing! "Do you wanna get rocked? Let's get! Let's get! Let's get! Let's get rocked!" This song says it all! "Let's Get Rocked!" is the 1st track and a anthem to rockers everywhere! With lyrics that make you want to get rocked! With songs like "Make Love Like A Man", "Heaven Is", and "Tonight" you can feel the bands love and affection, but for who? The fans? Their lovers? Steve Clark? To help fans not forget "Steamin`" (Steve Clark), the band wrote "White Lightning." A song about Steve himself.It has such a feeling to it. A feeling of tragic-ness, rememberance, lonely-ness, and so on. When you hear this song you have so many emotions running through you, you won't know what or how to feel. With lyrics like "You wanna leave but you can't let go/You wanna stop but you can't say no/You'll never laugh about it/You just can't live without it/You had enough but you just want more/You never get what you're lookin' for/You'll never laugh about it, never." It makes you feel and kinda understand Steve's life and why he was the way he was. Joe Elliott is a singer who's got talent. He sounds so great on this album! His voice is very comferting and beautiful! He truley puts emotion and 200% effort into his singing! // 10

Overall Impression: This album is really like no other! It is one of the most unique albums in history. I am very impressed by their technique and style on this album. They did a wonderful job on it and put so much effort into it. I am very disapointed that it is very underestimated and it didn't get the credit it deserves! I love how their harmonies were perfect and all on beat! And Phil's guitar playin on it was pure! It was so awesome! If someone stole this album from me I would hunt them dowm and claw their bloody eyeballs out! I would do allmost any thing to get it back! If I was not able to retrive it I would definitely buy it again and again! It is truly worth it! // 10

Comments