Pyromania review by Def Leppard

• Released: Jan 20, 1983
Def Leppard: Pyromania

This album is probably one of their best. Robert "Mutt" Lange did a great job producing this album. The singer is obviously on drugs (it shows in his singing) but he does a pretty good job getting the lyrics out clear. Some songs though, like "Foolin" (one of their famous ones but I dont like it) and "Die Hard The Hunter", are (or at least start out as) acoustics, using similar patterns and make it pretty boring. "Rock Of Ages", "Rock Rock Til You Drop", "Ready Set Action" (or whatever it is), and "Photograph" make up for this.

On some songs the lyrics arent that carefully chosen but some of the song topics don't seem that easy to write lyrics to. The singer, like I said, obviously has smoked (like most rockers) but he makes up for it with good delivery of the lyrics and good control over his pitches.

This album has definetaly some of their heavier songs on it, like "Stage Fright", which is a pretty good song. Though some songs arent that great, the better songs definately make up for it. This album is one of their best (besides Hysteria and Vault Greatest Hits). I recommend this album to anyone who likes a good mix of music, from AC/DC style rock anthems to Metallica style acoustics. If this album were stolen I'd buy a new one.

Pyromania-
    This is my favourite Def Leppard album. I love every single song and each one brings me to a certain mood. Im just a tad concerned on how you can hear Joe Elliott's drug use in his voice? I meen yes we all know he most likely was but I don't understand how you can hear it?
    JackWhite1988
    This is the best Def Leppard album. Every song on it is great. However my favorite is High & Dry.
    Asterios
    Great hard rock album, one of the best ever.The songs are almost perfectly composed , cool guitar riffs and pure rock lyrics!!!Bye it!!!!I think its the best def album although HYSTERIA was a bigger sell out.Too band they changed from a pure rock band to an almost pop band
    ironBLSmaiden
    In my opinion after this and hysteria came out they went way downhill. It probably had somethin to do with steve clark dieing