Pyromania review by Def Leppard

• Released: Jan 20, 1983
Def Leppard: Pyromania

The sound you'll find in this album is absolutely incendiary, it makes move your ass! There's a lot of energy in this record, and there are no much synthesizers at this time. Later they did more accesible albums, and they lost their raw and energy captivated in this album. There are some songs differents like Too Late for Love (a ballad, very good), Billy's Got a Gun (the darkest song, and the best) and Photgoraph (the single, the worst), but overall the songs have the similar feeling. The guitar work is very well done, the solos are pretty good, and the drum effects are totally outstanding, they were a a big innovation at the time (1983)!

Billy Elliot does a really good job singin. He gets very high notes and combines well with the music. The chorus are also very well, there are a lot of voices at the same time, I think these chorus are special, cos I haven't heard many like def leppard's chorus, pay attention with them.

So, it's not a very heavy music, it's something in the middle, so if you want to cheer up yourself, it's one of the best ways. Also it's an important piece of Def's Leppard career, I think it's their best album, not too raw as High N' Dry, and not too sell-music as the next albums they did (hyteria and more). It makes a well mix of raw and softness, a good waste of decibels! Play it loud! You should hear it before die, and loud!

Maurice(GUN)
    Pyromania Is A Great Album !! Rock Of Ages Is One Of The Best Songs Not To Mention Photograph, Foolin, And Rock Rock Till You Drop, Too Late For Love Classic!!
    angusrokks
    all the songs on this album have their moments when u just think, yeh that rocks man!!
    defleppettychik
    Billy Elliott????? I think you mean Joe Elliott! Any ways Pyromania is one of the bands best album! ALL the songs are great especailly Comin Under Fire!
    DeLongeFan182
    This is my fave def lep album and to the second guy: **** you, you cant hear drugs in his voice, his voice is amazing!