Rock Of Ages: The Definitive Collection review by Def Leppard

• Released: May 17, 2005
Def Leppard: Rock Of Ages: The Definitive Collection

This CD has some of the best arrangements of Def Leppard guitar (the best example is the instrumental song on Disc 1 "Switch 625"), bass, and drums I have ever heard. Both of the CD's (the album itself is a 2 disc collection) hav a superb restoration of sound. If your a guy, or gal, that loves to heard quality in every aspect of music, you should get the album.

Joe Elliot is, in my opinion, one of the greatest male singers of all time. He can hold several high notes that most other frontmen would say are very difficult (this talent can be heard on the Disc 1 songs "Photograph", "Animal", "Pour Some Sugar On Me" and on the Disc 2 song "Promises"). Most people today say men can't hit high notes. Buy this album and see if you don't change your mind.

If your the hardest Def Leppard fan or someone who has never heard their music, you should by this album. Most "Greatest Hits" hardly have even one fifth of the bands greatest songs, but this ablum is an extreme exception. It really does have the band's great songs of the past and present. This is a true "Greatest Hits" album!

AeroTempleCrue
    toolfan_121 wrote: Def Leppard is not metal. It's rock for pussies.
    Well then pussies rock hard, don't they?
    Pyromania-
    However metal heads can enjoy them. Their my favourite band yet I still love to listen to real metal. Their also not pussies. Some of the "Greatest" Metal frontmen that you may idolize, would neve be able to pull of a voice like Joe Elliott.
    Maurice(GUN)
    I Have The Cd It Is The Best Collection Although They Should've Included Gods Of War Steve Clark Kicked Ass On That Song!! Anyway The Cd Is A Must Buy For Any Rock Fan!! ROCK OF AGES!!!!!