Vault: Def Leppard Greatest Hits review by Def Leppard

• Released: Oct 31, 1995
Def Leppard: Vault: Def Leppard Greatest Hits

This band is really underated in my opinion. To be fair, none of their hits are really mentioned anymore. They are a band that shaped the way for a lot of metal bands by use of melody and pop tunes. They are in a way similar to Iron Maiden and Judas Priest, but more pop. This is very much a soft metal album. I'd say more of a rock album but they are classed as metal. There is a collection of really great tunes on this album. There is some Ballads and some fast rockers. The guitars sound great and so do the vocals.

The lyrics are good. Clear throughout the collection and they fit perfectly to the music. Some of the standout songs lyrically wise are Animal, Photograph and Hysteria. There are some fun songs like Lets Get Rocked and Make Love Like A Man. Joe Elliot sounds great on all of the tracks. He has a raspy kind of voice which is classic british rock.

This is my only Def Leppard CD, so I can't really compare it but it stands up well against my Iron Maiden albums and my Van Halen Greatest Hits CD (The Best Of Both Worlds). The best songs here are Animal which is a stadium rocker with some cool guitar work. Photograph which is another stadium anthem which has an awesome chorus. Lets Get Rocked which is a classic rocker with the only piece of shred on this album for a solo and Pour Some Sugar On Me which is what Def Leppard are probably known best for. A classic rocker. Worth the 5 Quid I paid.