One Thing Remains review by Default

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
Default: One Thing Remains

Default has always been a pretty kick ass band, and this album is another sucess for them in my eyes. The sound is a fresh breathe of air. Very true to basic Default style, but different at the same time. Jeremy still delivers that heavy sound with those awsome solo's, Dave's bass playing remains very technical and true to his style, Danny's drumming also stays the same, very fast and technical, and Dallas's singing sustains it's range and emotional impact. These guys never quit suprising me. This album has alot of basic default style in it, but it's also a tad bit heavier than the other two albums(The Fallout, Elocation). I love Default, always nice to listen to.

Dallas has some very heart felt lyrics. His lyrics match perfectly with his emotional voice. He can sing very soft, but he can also sing very hard to. Such aspects can be heard on their first single "Count On Me" which is an awsome song. I can relate to every word spoken in that song. Dallas, you rule man!

This is an awesome CD. Default never ceases to amaze me. A lot of people think they're a "one hit wonder band" with their song "Wasting My Time," but I totally disagree. They have so many good songs, it's impossible to pick a favorite from them. All their CDs are good. This CD is another good example of what they can do as a band. I recommend this CD for any rock fan. Dallas, Jeremy, Dave, and Danny, keep up the good work guys, you kick ass!