One Thing Remains review by Default

• Released: Oct 11, 2005
Default: One Thing Remains

well when the hit "Wasting My Time" came out it was a huge success for the band, the band gave an special sound with The Fallout and Elocation, but sometimes bands need to change that sound, 'cause they need or they want to prove how good they are, and this band did it in an awesome way, being influenced by the greatest band ever Led Zeppelin, you can hear a metal distortion in the guitars but it doesn't mean they are metal, a fantastic and more mature voice, and cool drums and bass lines, this time Default changed to play with balls and to set themselves as a Straight Ahead Rock Band.

Well the lyrics are good enough for the album, maybe the lyrics could not have a sense for all the people which seeks for emotive songs or love lyrics, but this time Dallas doesn't focus in love relationships, now it's about the friendship or maybe family, I don't know, but the melody lines set in a amazing way with the guitar riffs. I didn't like the lyrics this time but still write lyrics it's not easy.

Well Default's third album it's For me the second best album of their career, I love this band even they aren't too known I don't care they rock. I'd pick as the best songs from the album, "The Way We Were" because of the vocals, and drums rhythm, "Count On Me" & "Hiding From The Sun" because that songs are so awesome that makes you want to sing all day long that melodies. Well the third album and they still rock. I hope to see still alive this band, to listen to another album from them, because Default is a band that follows the classic pattern of what rock is, they really rock!