B-Sides & Rarities review by Deftones

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Deftones: B-Sides & Rarities

Now this is a good album, if you like Deftones' old stuff, then this is the one for you. The tracks are a very interesting variety of melodic and thrashy tracks, but be aware, some people by an album and expect a single to come out, but if you understand this, then you are in for a treat. I find this is a new change and step for this band as most great bands bring out rarities ablums, and if you are a fan and want most there tracks and dont want to spend too much, then this is the album for you!

The lyrics are just the usual style of the Deftones, but that does not make it boring, the lyrics are random, but they work like poetry. The singing skills are unique, not just because he uses distortion, but he does use it on every track, but not through the whole songs (but he does on most of them).

This album is quite similar to Static-X, B-Sides And Rareities infact. I would say most of the tracks on the album are impressive, but I do think the song that stands out the most is track 8 Crenshaw Punch/I'll Throw Rocks At You. What annoys me is that the songs are slightly repetative and I'm worried that they wont have that long lasting quality. I personally would buy it again if it were lost or stolen, but would you?