B-Sides & Rarities review by Deftones

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Deftones: B-Sides & Rarities

I love the deftones I didn't really like there 1st album (sorry the rapping turned me off). This is the B-Sides And Rarites collection which is basically a look back at the Deftones career but not in a greatest hits sort of way. Soundwise this collection doesn't do anything to really stand out I mean it sounds like a lofi recording of what the deftones from there past stuff. But the DVD has a good sound quality.

Chino is probably the one of the best vocalist around and probably the most underrated also. Chino can sing scream and rap something few people can actually do without sounding Korny. Songs where Chino does stand out are Change, Digital Bath, Be Quiet & Drive, & No Ordinary Love are just a few. Lryically this collection is just like any other Deftones album you don't know exactly what the f--k Chino is talking about and you have to sit down and listen and actually pay attention and dig deep into. So lyrically this album does suffice like any other Deftones album.

Well honestly I do think there should've been more tracks but knowing that the Deftones themselves picked these tracks then I am not going to complain. I honestly would not recommend this to a causal Deftones fans only a hardcore Deftones fan should get this otherwise you might be slightly disappointed.