B-Sides & Rarities review by Deftones

• Released: Oct 4, 2005
Deftones: B-Sides & Rarities

This is a great CD. Even if it is just B-Sides And Rarities, I treat it like a regular cd. The sound is incredible. Smashing guitars, powerful basslines, pounding drums, and beautiful vocals make this a treat for the ears. Most songs are covers and the ones that arent are acoustic versions of original songs or a few new ones from soundtracks or just unreleased material. It's all good though.

The Deftones have always been a band that have incredible thought provoking and interesting lyrics and vocals. I find that this is some of chinos best singing, even if he sings soft and quiet most of the time. Listen to songs like Savory, Change, No Ordinary Love, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, and Be Quiet and Drive to get the full vocal effect from Chino. Simply beautiful.

My favorite tracks are Savory, Wax and Wayne, Simple Man, Sinatra, Crenshaw Punch, If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, and my favorite is Be Quiet And Drive. If I was a girl I would cry when listening to that song, its unbelievable. Bottom Line: if you're a Deftones' fan - get it. Simple as that. Plus it comes with a DVD. Enjoy.