Saturday Night Wrist review by Deftones

• Released: Oct 30, 2006
Deftones: Saturday Night Wrist

The sound is incredible! You can tell that this album was produced differently from previous ones, since Terry Date did not produced it. The sound in general sounds more mellow, melodic, less aggressive with less screaming and more great Tenor-Alto singing. The album sounds less rock and roll and more electronic-alternative. Great sound overall. The Deftones have evolved musically for the better.

The lyrics are really short and repetitive somewhat. Hole in The Earth must have the best lyrics, since they convey a straight-forward emotion of betrayal and sadness. In fact, all of the lyrics are good, except for those on Pink Cellphone which in my opinion make no sense. Xerces has the best message of all. It provides for liveration such as when you have had a long day and all you want to do is get away from everything. Perfect for one of those days you are just so pissed off at the world and you just want to say "f--k this, I am out".

In my opinion, this must be the best Deftones CD of all. Yes, it does sound like anything but rock or nu-metal, and it is not as aggressive as the other ones, but this CD is perfect to me. It is one of those albums that shows maturity in a band. Chino and the rest of the band have grown older, and they no longer want to complain about life anymore. Instead, they make an album which makes you feel like, the worst is now over, and now it's all peaceful. Most of the songs take you to a place far from all the pressure, similar to Drive (Faraway). I love this album, and I knew this guys were going to do it big time again since before the album was released.