White Pony review by Deftones

• Released: May 16, 2000
Deftones: White Pony

White Pony I think was a evolution in Deftones it was very experimental but it still stayed on the core and basis of heavy metal/alternative rock. Every song on this is entirely different: you start out with the rap metal intro Back To School (Mini Maggot) and then you come to the relaxing deep Digital Bath. After this emotional ride you come to Elite the crunchy metal screaming kind of Deftones that Deftones fans still love to hear. Among these songs one of my favorites is Korea which goes deep down to what happens on the streets during the night. Passenger one of the very last songs which has guest appearance by Manard the lead singer of Tool which is a melodic roalercoaster ride. Though I only mentioned some songs theres a lot more to explore.

The lyrics in this album like any other Deftones are totally based on analogy. So basically if you read the lyrics their hard to understand at first but eventually when you put all the lyrics together you'll understand. This band is very good at blending music with lyrics and I really understood what Chino (the lead singer) was saying. When it comes to skills Chino is nothing less than amazing goign from melodic singing to heavy screeming.

This album in my opinon isn't my favorite Deftones album but it is different and worth the $14.00's.