White Pony review by Deftones

• Released: May 16, 2000
Deftones: White Pony

It is a very unique, articulate, signature sound. I have found the sound of Deftones overall an inspiration with desirable affect. But I feel the sound on White Pony to be their best work: using all elements including Nu Metal, Rap, Alternative Metal, Trip Hop, Alternative Rock. The guitar sounds are stupendous, really complement the art and expression they aim for, Chino's vocals are on constant balance of anger, happiness and sadness: the way he works his vocal tones have been really beneficial to the lyrics and the band.

As a guitarist, I am not a lyricist expert, which is why I leave that job to the vocalist. All I can definately say is that the lyrics work well with the different vocal styles. Chino's style is iconic, the way he works his voice is truely an inspiration. 'Elite' gives the harsh, roar, thrust of his screaming, and in 'Digital Bath,' the affect takes its toll with his softer melodic vocal lines, but the amazing part is when the two are combined in songs like 'Street Carp' and 'Korea.'

Deftones are without a doubt one of my inspirations, as well to alot of people I know, and White Pony is definately one of my favourite albums of all time. The way it stands out from many artists/ albums/ any other Deftones Discography is the fact that it was a major success: contain a variaty of signature sounds and dynamics. Favourite songs have to be 'Back to School, Digital Bath, Elite, Knife Party, Korea, Change.' There is nothing I particularly hate about the album, it is superior to their other albums: not that their other stuff is bad, I merely prefer White Pony out of them all.I would buy it over and over again!

deftools
    hahaha clean you ears out breakdancer!!!! how can u not tell that is a girl with a weird accent (south african i reckon, sounds like that toni childs singer) and not chino in kife party???? ahahahahahaha