Mistaken Identity Review

Delta Goodrem: Mistaken Identity
Released: Dec 28, 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Singer/Songwriter, Adult Alternative Pop/Rock
This is a must-have CD for anyone that appreciates true talent, great singing, incredible writing talent and music that stirs your soul.
 9.5
 8.9
reviews (2) user comments vote for this album:
Mistaken Identity Reviewed by: soper89, on may 13, 2005

Sound: Delta Goodrem, one of Australia's best female artists, has an amazing and original voice that is displayed in this album, Mistaken Identity. This new and outstanding ablum of Delta's is full of emotion and is alot darker than her fisrt abum, as could be expected after her battle with cancer. The songs on this album have awesome rythmnns and use a great range of instruments. Sound wise, one of my favourite songs is 'Mistcommunication' as it has an original beat that keeps your feet taping. // 10

Lyrics: Delta Goodrem proved herself to be an amazing song writer in her first album, Innocent Eyes, and this one is no different. The lyrics are outstanding and express just how she is feeling. Delta's lyrics keep you listening and thinking. They are deffinetly deeper than the first albums, some of the songs may even bring a tear to the eye. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this album to me rates very high, as it is different and easy to listen to. Delta's lyrics aren't drowned by any heavy music, which makes it easier to listen to. One of my all time favourite songs is actually of this album, it's called 'Fragile.' It is a lovely ballad were it is just her and the pianno. If this album was lost or stolen from me I would definetly need to go out and buy a new one straight away. // 10

Mistaken Identity Reviewed by: DeltaDeltaDelta, on november 02, 2005

Sound: Mistaken Identity is a very different album when compared to Delta's first CD, Innocent Eyes. It uses a much stronger and more powerful sound to convey the true depth of this great music. This album was written by Delta shortly after her battle with cancer; it was the writing that helped Delta to reveal what her true feelings were throughout that time and this is displayed in the strong emotion that just pours out of the tracks. Every song has a different sound and that is what makes Delta so captivating, from the haunting sound of 'Mistaken Identity' to the gentle tones of 'Fragile' The upbeat rhythm of 'A Little Too Late' will even get your granny on her feet, and the Brian McFaddenesque 'Almost Here' often sees me wailing, while the brilliant 'You Are My Rock' will make you think of those you hold closest to your heart. What really makes a huge difference is the extensive string section which Delta used to record many of these songs, its just a brilliant piece of work. // 10

Lyrics: I have to say the lyrics are fantastic. Delta Goodrem is a musical genius, both with the piano and the pen. I can't begin to describe the emotions that I feel while listening to this album, I am male and I am frequently moved to tears, some of the lyrics are so sad, so moving and uplifting. The lyrics and the music fit together like God created them, just amazing. I have heard Delta described as 'the most emotional voice in pop music' and this is certainly true, she has such colour to her voice, a great variation in tone, a staggering vocal range and a charm which will never leave you bored. In 'Almost Here' Delta even appears to break down in tears. Have you ever heard that before? She's a remarkable singer. // 10

Overall Impression: Delta Goodrem possesses an all round talent that very very few artists can match. Delta's albums are certainly the most played in my collection and I think it is a crying shame that few people outside of Australia really know about her. She puts manufactured pop singers to shame and makes them look like campsite cabaret; you will not find a better performer than Ms Goodrem. All the songs are great, at the moment I am loving 'Disorientated' I can't stop playing 'Almost Here' 'Extraordinary Day' is a masterpiece and 'You are my Rock' is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. I just love this album and Delta, everything about it, the music is great, most songs are like a symphony with words, its truly amazing stuff. The word 'hate' doesn't come into it, because its a terrific CD. OMG, if it was stolen I would be straight down the shop getting another copy, and if you haven't got it, for god's sake drop everything and go out and buy it, and play it, and love it. // 10

Comments