45 Days [DVD] review by Demon Hunter

• Released: Nov 25, 2008
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 8
Demon Hunter: 45 Days [DVD]

This is a three disc set, 2 dvds and 1 cd. The first disc is a documentary about the band, the second disc contains full set live footage from Nashville, Tennessee. This band sounds amazing live and cease to lose stamina, which is very rare to find. Vocalist Ryan Clark has an unique growl and is able to keep it steady through the entire set. The music is very clean, no one misses a beat. The CD doesnt't exactly contain B-sides, but does contain the instrumental score. They were not as energetic as I hoped, but they play their music well.

Content — 9
The Documentary is very deep. The band talks about their spirituality and how they affect their fans. Fans are a big part of this documentary, and are asked how Demon Hunter has affected their lives. It is a very serious film, full of testimonies, and struggles they have on tour as well. If you like Demon Hunter and are a Christian, you will love this documentary. This disc does have bonus features such as tour pranks and silly footage.

Production Quality — 8
Simple but excellent Production. Its very raw and there are no special effects added or needed. There is absolutley no Tricks. No actors. No lies. Just truth. Just music. Just Demon Hunter and their fans. The music in the background sets a very dark mood, which fits the documentary well. The only thing I dislike is that the entire documentary is in black and white. I would enjoy more color.

I personally enjoy this bands music and their message so I loved this DVD set. I didn't expect the DVD to be so deep and so moving. Its a great DVD to watch if you are struggling with your faith as a musician or a Christian. Its a great buy. If someone stole it from me that person would be very lucky because I know it will affect his life deeply.

AA00P
    Like I Is wrote: AA00P wrote: Music predates this "Yahweh" you speak of, and has existed in some form or another since prehistoric times. You don't have to sound so pretentious when correcting someone.
    It's upsetting when someone takes such an important part of the human experience and claims it as the doing of their own personal beliefs and superstitions.
    Xbri777X
    i deeply apologize for this review, it is my first and probably my last, but i just felt that this dvd should have been posted. if someone else would like to re-do it, please do
    DJdude
    Great band. Great music. I'm going to start looking for this.
    oxymorcide
    It shouldnt matter that they have a Christian message, that doesnt mean you cant enjoy it, nearly every musician is trying to get a message across to the listener. I dont think its fair for people to dismiss demon hunter just because they are christian.
    king_alky
    i have this dvd/cd combo and it is very good, it is a great documentary, one cd is just the background music from the documentary and the other cd is there latest cd(well at the time of release) it is a good cd, whether christain or not, they are good musicians, and although they fall into christain metal, they are just as good as Underoath or As i lay dying who are both Christain bands, but just dont publise it as much as they fall into all of this rubbish where ppl dont like them just cause they say they are Christains, but im glad ppl and bands like these are still able to express themselves whether its about there faith or not
    Like I Is
    You don't have to sound so pretentious when correcting someone.
    Like I Is
    Review needs some work, but this band is very significant. They're basically the vangaurd of Christian metal. I don't listen to Christian Rock, or metal, but I've heard what Demon Hunter has to offer and I respect them for what they're doing. But, yeah, this review was painful.
    salsa sosebee
    i dont unerstand you people never do this to satanic lyrics but if its christian its wrong yall are saying any religion that is very hypocrytical
    AA00P
    Iplaymusik wrote: Music started out as a way of praising God for his Love and Mercy. Us humans have turned music into an idol itself.
    crazysam23_Atax
    I can honestly say, you can listen to Demon Hunter without being all faith-based. The simple fact is they're good enough that I think most fans of Death Metal or Hardcore would prolly like them. But in the future, try to tone down the faith part a bit. I'm not saying it's bad, just it blares your bias as a writer.
    District
    Yes, of course, I get the idea, and you're right. But just as I stated: it's just MY opinion. I do however like lyrics to make me think, and perhaps that's what these guys do. But when I think of Christian lyrics, I start to think about the awful tunes and lyrics that are sung in my church, and that's what I'm afraid of when I hear about Christian metal. I do think you are right though, people should write about something they are passionate about. Maybe I'll give them a chance and try to listen to them.
    Natrone
    District wrote:I'd like to keep faith and music separate though, but that's just my opinion.
    Writing music is all about writing what you're passionate about, and writing about your feelings. If someone has a faith in something and are passionate about it then they should by all means write about it. Does that mean they should be preachy? Of course not. I can't stand preachy music. However, if you're passionate about whatever religious beliefs you have, then by all means, write about it. Write about your struggles, the high points, and how it relates to every day life.
    andeen10
    Not a good review, but i LOVE this band. They are very talented and they send a good message =] not Christian btw =]
    MetalheadforJC
    Why is this being reviewed a year and 3 months after it's release date? Demon Hunter is basically a "gateway" band. Most of the poeple I know that lessen to Demon Hunter hardly ever lissen to metal.
    EpiExplorer
    Oh, and, Could at least tell us whats in the CD and the DVDs instead of saying 'Its very deep, and christian, and metal, and hardcoooore.' .
    JSmith38
    I am not christian but I love these guys. I was actually there for the show in Nashville (the other 4 bands were terribad). Even if you're not christian (like me) you can at least appreciate the music for what it is: metal. To be honest there isn't a lot of christian messages in it.
    aaron_masta
    Iplaymusik wrote: District wrote: Good review! Never heard Demon Hunter though. I'd like to keep faith and music separate though, but that's just my opinion. Music started out as a way of praising God for his Love and Mercy. Us humans have turned music into an idol itself. So, technically, Christians have the right to say anything they want about God and reviewing how good lyrics are.
    MelodiclyInsane
    I want to know how much this is going to be. Depending on how much it is, I might end up having a friend of a friend download it or let me copy it from his discs to my computer or USB-Jump. lol. Can't wait! But I am with EpiExplorer, tell us what's on the CD and DVD's OTHER than saying it's awesome, deep, and all that other stuff in the new DH thing comin' out.
    Iplaymusik:)
    Abacus11
    EpiExplorer : More christian stuff... ERK. Its everywhere these days, like I've said to myself all the time, metal and religion are poles apart.
    I think anyone who would say that doesn't really understand metal. Metal is about passion, aggression and expression. I'm not a Christian (I personally think Christianity, like most other religions, is a joke) but if that is what a band is passionate about of course that's what they should write about. Metal (and music in general) should never exclude anyone based on their beliefs, that's kind of the point.
    Jon777
    Good review. I've listened to the live tracks but I've never watched the footage. The documentary looks cool, too. I need to buy this.
    Jon777
    EpiExplorer wrote: More christian stuff... ERK. Its everywhere these days, like I've said to myself all the time, metal and religion are poles apart.
    Religion falls into lyrical content, not music.
    District
    sg4ever
    I am a Christian myself, but this review was a bit lacking. It could have used more neutrality as far reviewing the content. Although, it is fine that you include your enthusiasm for the Christian aspect of it or you would be a hypocrite. To EpiExplorer, it's all subjective. To ease your vexation, non-Christian things are far more abundant than Christian things. I would advise you to enjoy and focus on those things. Peace out! Jesus rawks! LOL
    EpiExplorer