Storm The Gates Of Hell review by Demon Hunter

• Released: Nov 6, 2007
Demon Hunter: Storm The Gates Of Hell

Demon Hunter uses these awesome Peavey amps and Washburn guitars so they give a very nice tone and a mind-bending crunch sound to the distortion. It makes your ears want to bow down to the tone and belld by their own accord. There seems to be just as much of that on this album as on Triptych and Summer of Darkness. The drummer Yogi Watts is phenominal and has good feet. He makes those really cool blast beats that I especially remember being stressed in "Science Of Lies" even thought that is on Triptych. The classic DH sound is here to stay and the heavyness will never die. I really like the noise surpressions on the guitars because they give DH a really dark and somewhat mysterious sound.

I know that DH is a christian metal band and I know the lyrics will have to comply with that fact. I don't believe in "God" but that fact doesn't really bother me that much. I try not to really listen to the lyrics because I like black metal more but the lyrics are quite mild. Ryan Clark is a very versatile vocalist almost like Mikael Akerfeldt. He has a very good growl and he does quite nice transistions from growling to normal singing. He can play guitar pretty good too so that only strengthens his musical ability.

I really don't think DH will outdo Triptych because that album was phenominal. It is like the Ghost Reveries of DH. If that is the case then this album is the Morningrise or Deliverance comparing it to Opeth. The best songs are Carry Me Down, Thorns, No Reason to Exist (if you got the special edition), and Lead us home. I would give this CD an easy 8/10 overall because I think DH might have overdone it with the mood a little bit. Plus they will never top Triptych.

DH1
    sleepwalker16 : I hate these guys for praching Christianity through their music. Metal has always been music that resisted organised religion, and therefore Demon Hunter isn't metal... their music also sucks hard in the technical aspect... As I Lay Dying pwns them.. and another thing about AILD... the ideas in their songs are not necassariry Christian all the time... freakin' demon hunter are trying to tell people how to live (Sixteen is a good example of that)... I just hope that they break up as soon as possible... we don't need such bands...
    Have you looked at the lyrics for Sixteen? obviously not. You clearly know nothing and have therefore failed. I suggest everyone who says that metal isn't christian go listen to some Crimson Thorn. you can't say it's not metal. It's full on Death Metal. with christian lyrics. So go swallow a knife, everyone hates you. ty
    Lukeydoodly
    Murderface x3 wrote: God=not metal. Christians rock/metal is an incorrect term. Metal has been about evil stuff ever since it was created. Evil is part of what metal is. You can't change that.
    LMFAO!!!1 Kid go ****ing die. You know shit all. Since when does metal have to do with evil? FAGGOT
    Lukeydoodly
    Arthemesic wrote: x_themetalfan_x wrote: DustyBannister wrote: Even though I despise Christians(and other Abrahamic religions too), I checked these guys out, still not what I am looking for, just too blah. Want a good metal album try Demigod by Behemoth. Despising people based on their beliefs is despicable. You wouldn't be worth scraping off my boot if I stomped you, ****. Agreed. Being a dick about one's beliefs and thinking you're better because of your own ones is despicable.
    Agreed more. Taking piss outa someones religion is kinda low. You one of these freaks who thinks music is life.
    DH1
    Obviously christian metal can't be metal because it hasn't got evile lyrics. therefore it's not metal. and it can't be called pop cos it's not about sex. it's not hip hop either. therefore, i conclude that demon hunter are obviously jazz. thankyou Murderface x3 for alerting us to this. idiot.