Storm The Gates Of Hell review by Demon Hunter

• Released: Nov 6, 2007
Demon Hunter: Storm The Gates Of Hell

The music itself is simply amazing. While the album has a lot of heavy stuff, it also has it's share of soft stuff. Some songs make you wanna headbang the whole time, while some make you just wanna sing along. Th best song, music-wise, would have to be Sixteen. It starts as a sort of violen-like tune, then drums come on the scene, and it starts to get heavy. While not Demon Hunter's heaviest album, it's definately one of their best. Although, here's a warning: if you're not into heavy stuff, you might like some of the songs, but not all of them.

The lyrics are amazing, nuff said! The meaning of their name is that they hate evil, and that's evident in the tone of their music, plus in their lyrics. The title track talks about going and attacking Hell. Sixteen talks about the rapture mostly, and A Thread of Light is about Christians who condemn Christian metal! The vocalist is one of the few who can scream, sing, and growl.

If pressed, I would compare them to new Underoath, but I can't think of anyone else. The most impressive songs are "Sixteen", "Storm The Gates Of Hell", "A Thread Of Light". I love Demon Hunter because they aren't afraid to talk about their hatred of evil. They're singing with hate most of the time, but it's hatred of evil. That's quite a change, really. If it were stolen, I'd probably get it again.

ibanez91065
    does anybody know about how long after the release of the cd, DH releases the speacial edition? i missed the Tryptich and how STGOH speacial eds, and cant find em anywhere...
    Whiteboy_az
    deathpidgeon wrote: SO none of you have picked up 3 Inches Of Blood's "Fire Up The Blades" album I take it. Thats what metal is all about.
    Now thats an awesome album, on the whole christian metal thing, me being a christian i also love metal and i like christian metal too, Demon Hunter isnt my favorit of all of them, but they're still pretty good.
    Artekk
    I love this band! This album really did it for me though, their previous work it was good I guess but when I heard the awesome songs on their new album I found a newer metal band that I actually liked for once. My favorite song would be Follow the wolves, face it that title is spectacular and I like the alternation between Melodic to heavy alot, I just wish somebody would tab that song already!
    aroz1
    for all the christians in this blog: (and others who want to read this) I'm a christian too. I've read through this whole stirng, I like Christian metal/(White metal) music. Demon Hunter is the bomb. But after reading through this whole thing, I just don't know what to say. People on here call themselves Christians are cussing and just being a plain old bad witness. If you're gonna cuss and act unchristian-like, then don't go out and say "I'm a Christian" because you are giving the rest of us a bad name. Thank you.
    HXCBBQ777
    bah, "christian metal" is such a stupid term. stupid term for stupid music. you can be christian and be in a death metal or a black metal band, what you play doesnt necesarily reflect your beliefs. and when people preach religion of any sort thru music, its retarded.
    what the crap d00d?.....you're an idiot, now.... THIS guy knows what he's talking about ---->
    Why would talking about religion in music be any different than talking about anything else in music? Music is expression of what you feel. These guys are feeling God. You're feeling pissed off. Congratulations. You both feel. Let them talk about what they're feeling and you can do likewise.