Storm The Gates Of Hell review by Demon Hunter

• Released: Nov 6, 2007
Demon Hunter: Storm The Gates Of Hell

I think personally that Demon Hunter pushes their sound further. When playing their songs at my church I love how the fellow youth rock out while the older people look like they are going to have a heartattack escpecially Storm The Gates of Hell. That song is just brutal from beginning to end. One thing I thought was interesting about this record when watching the DVD was that they used a lap steel on this record which to my knowledge is the only time a lap steel is used in a metal album. I think that whether you are a christian or not you can relate to most of the songs because he is speaking of real issues and they are not afraid to tell you what they believe and I find that to be absolutely awesome and the Guitars are unbelieveably brutal in the hard songs and soothing in the ballads. the drums and the bass just make you feel the aggresion of the song.

The lyrics of this record are just so awesome and touching. I could tell you what every song means but to save time I will tell you go to BandsOnFire.com and they have the lyrics for all their records with what each song is about as told by Ryan Clark the lead singer. I feel that Ryan Clark is one of the best vocalist I have ever heard. The fact that he uses some emails that his band gets to come up with ideas for songs tells me that he wants to help his fans which is awesome because he shows he cares for those that care about him and his music from a fan stand point. If you listen to this album and still say "Well I don't know they may not be Christians." Then you are not really paying attention to the symbolisim in the music and the references that really anybody I think would get reference to God or Jesus.

This album is my favorite album that I own because I have emotional connections with a lot of these songs because I can relate to the cutting as I used to do that and the sense that I'm an outcast that he talks about in Follow The Wolves I relate to because I'm the oddball. The most impressive songs on the album would be Grand Finale, Fading Away, and Carry Me Down. I love the fact that this album really is so aggressive from beginning to finish but at the samee time when you hit the ballads it's like you're riding in a train and crash into a brick wall but then you start to get into the message of the ballads and you just blow through that feeling.

Shredder Guitar
    Some people are over-critical... this band is very good, regardless of them being Christian or not. I respect that, I'm a Christian. And by the way... cussing really doesn't make your faith any less valuable. You aren't gonna go to hell for swearing every now and then.
    castoo
    Why isn't it stupid for Slayer to espouse their belief system? Simply because DemonHunter has a positive belief system doesn't keep it from metal I'll have to check out this cd, I really like their old drummer though
    thesecondman
    tdennis wrote: xXChimairaXx wrote: I love these guys. Bands like Demon Hunter and As I Lay Dying curbstomp Satan. +1 LOL Couldn't have said it better!
    Metal_Hed_23
    Murderface x3 wrote: tackersonMSU12 wrote: DustyBannister wrote: Even though I despise Christians(and other Abrahamic religions too), I checked these guys out, still not what I am looking for, just too blah. Want a good metal album try Demigod by Behemoth. I don't think most Demon Hunter (the Christians, that is) will like the music or lyrical content from Behemoth... a band that sports shirts reading "Christians to the Lions" on the back... I think I saw them rip up a bible on stage. Not saying I support or against that or Christianity, but they just maybe took that a little far... Taking it to far is hurting people or animals. They are expressing their beliefs in a way that isn't actually hurting anyone, and it's THEIR beliefs, so you don't have to agree with them. If it offends you so bad, just turn off the TV.
    did you seriously just say that? weren't you the fUckk who said you hated these guys for expressing their beliefs?? Fu.ck you. You're an idiot
    The_Rev_08
    Wow... Absolutely retarded. This is a review about a cd not about religion. I cant believe that people r arguing about this shit. I myself believe in God and I think Demon Hunter is an amazing and very talented band. Very good live as well.