Summer of Darkness review by Demon Hunter

• Released: May 4, 2004
Demon Hunter: Summer of Darkness

Now that I have actually taken the time to sit down and pay close attention to the sophomore effort of this solid state metalcore band, I've noticed a whole lot more strengths and less weaknesses than I did, say, about a month ago. Everything about this album is awesome. Every song is amazing, powered by Ryan Clark's amazing vocal range and Jesse Sprinkle's metallic onslaught of skilled drumming. The guitars in here are awesome, too; both Don Clark and the other dude (Chris McCleddon or something like that) are skilled, yet their songs are simple enough to sit down and figure out. And when you do start playing them, it sounds awesome.

Couldn't be better. A little cryptic and enigmatic, possessing the atypical brutality of metal bands, but still delivering a powerful, thought-provoking message. Lyrics-wise, Coffin Builder, Less Than Nothing and Not Ready To Die are the best.

My overall impression? Let's just say that this album hasn't left my cd player yet. The songs nly get old if you listen to them six times in a row each. Like Fabio here said, I can't hear the bass either. But this is still an album worth having to every degree.