Summer of Darkness review by Demon Hunter

• Released: May 4, 2004
Demon Hunter: Summer of Darkness

The sound and energy that Demon Hunter puts out is amazing. There are only two weaknesses that I can find in the album. The first being that the bass line simply cannot be heard. Secondly, the songs seem to become repetitive during the middle of the CD, but then quickly pick back up. The nu-metal band portrays huge amounts of power in each song and it blows me away how Ryan Clark can go from screaming like a banshee to being totally melodic. There isn't a single point in the CD that you stop banging your head, I guarantee it.

Personally, a band isn't worth listening to if their lyrics don't make you think. "...so you can chant your anthems to the deaf, And we can sit here and cry until there's nothing left..." The material is greatly throught provoking. Also, as I mentioned earlier, Clark has great vocal abilities. He sounds like a dying demon during verses, and extremely clean and melodic during choruses.

DH is an amazing band. The album, since I bought it about two months ago, hasn't left my CD player. A few of my favorite songs from the album are 'Not Ready to Die,' 'My Heartstrings Come Undone,' and 'The Latest and the Last.' And for the first time in a long time, a metal band doesn't have a Parental Advisory sticker slapped on it. Simply put, DH: Summer Of Darkness is an excellent album. If it's not in your disc line-up, why the hell not?