The Triptych review by Demon Hunter

• Released: Oct 25, 2005
Demon Hunter: The Triptych

Hybrid metal at its best, people. Demon Hunter are back with their third studio release, The Triptych. DH brings back many of the styles made on their firts self-titled album, mixes it with elements from Summer Of Darkness and adds a little more metal to the mix and gives us The Third War. The switch of drummers is evident, Jesse Sprinkle is no longer their drummer, Yogi is. He has his own style, more death metal. He employs more steady double bass than Jesse did, and less soloing. Good. The guitars have gotten much more technical while maintaining their excellent simplicity. Is that a solo I hear? I do believe so, good. Bass is actually heard on this album, something not usual for DH. The vox are better than ever, better singing and the same good 'ol growls from Ryan.

Excellent. Not as deep as before, but still very contemplative, angry, spitting and violent. Some songs lighten up a bit, some bite your head off. All are good. Ryan's singing has finally hit its pinacle I think. And his growling screams are better than ever.

Excellent. I'm buying all 3 covers (painted by Daniel Seagrave) and the DVD, 'Waging The Third War'. Worth your time whether you like metal or not. You should just own it to say you own a cd by a band named 'Demon Hunter'. I mean that in and of itself is cool.