The Triptych review by Demon Hunter

• Released: Oct 25, 2005
Demon Hunter: The Triptych

Demon Hunter is one of the few bands out there who can have both blood-pumping hardcore songs and soothing, calm ballads, and still be one of the best bands of the day and age. For example, the song "the Science Of Lies" or "Fire To My Soul" is incredibly heavy, yet the song "The Tide Began To Rise" is the type of song I can imagine being in a chick flick or drama etc. Next to Underoath, Demon Hunter is possibly the most diverse band out there.

Ryan Clarke is a phenominal vocalist. He is one of the few people who can both growl/scream and true sing and be brilliant at both. Also, the songs that dealt mostly with inner depression or sorrow etc were soft ballads, while the more "in your face" lyrics were accompanied by harsh music. The lyrics themselves were amazing. "Undying" had the impression of someone having life over death, eg "I know what lies beyond this life for me is already won. No one can take away the blood that covers over my fall. Without the blood of perfect life I know I'm nothing at all, so now I reign forever hallowed in eternity's hand. No man can shake me from the everlasting ground that I stand". Also, "the Science of Lies" bashes scientology, and "Ribcage" talks about drugs.

If pressed, I'd compare it to Underoath in their later years. I can't really say I hate anything in the entire aqlbum, and I love everything. If it were lost or stolen, that'd be good, becauseI have it on my MP3 and the more people have it, the better.