The Triptych review by Demon Hunter

• Released: Oct 25, 2005
Demon Hunter: The Triptych

Demon Hunter's third album "The Triptych" Triptych centers around the concept of three. My impression is that the band went into the studio with the attitude of wanting to do some more melody than they did in 'Demon Hunter' or 'Summer of Darkness' Demon Hunter took on some more Killswitch Engage influences in the album, as seen in 'Follow the Wolves' and 'Lead us Home' My personal favorite on the album is 1000 apologies.

The lyrics were Christian, kind of more dark, but softer at the same time, They dealt a lot with death and pain 'Then I hurt myself to see it too, to feel the knife I put in you' In 1000 apologies, Ryan is realizing how he did something horrible, and now he can never take it back, no matter how sorry he is.

'The Triptych' compares quite nicely to the bands other albums, it's got its more hard-core side and it's softer side. The best songs are easily, Lead Us Home, Follow The Wolves, 1000 Apologies. It's an awesome album, and I would definitely recommend it to any new Demon Hunter fan.

Goldengitar
    Extol, Crimson Moonlight, Vardger, Drottnar, Vaakevandring are all christian. All of them are from Norway exept Crimson Moonlight which is from Sweden. Let's not forget Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine and Soulfly/Cavalera Conspiracy/ex. Sepultura frontman Max Cavalera. Prophecy is even dedicated to God
    Goldengitar
    btw. I you guys want more christian metal, check out: www.metalforjesus.org. Great site. Check out the album revievs section!
    metalchristian
    Killswitch Engage is a Christian band, don't believe me, check out Jesusfreakhideout.com, there's an interview with them on there, there christian
    LeadHead13
    dude if they dont openly show there faith than they migth need to see how strong it realy is as 4 me im 1 leadhead 4 christ
    castoo
    Otisbum wrote: Killswitch Engage (the lead singer is a christian) One Christian member doesn't make the band as a whole a Christian band. Great album.
    It does when the guys writing all the songs, and generally the lead singer calls the shots That's why I think it's stupid when bands have christian singers but it has nothing to do with their music (evanescense is a good example) As I Lay Dying however, has all songs written from a Christian point of view
    yesterday1
    KILLSWITCH IS NOT A CHRISTIAN BAND!!!! Jesse leach was a christian i think, but nobody else in the band is.
    Jon777
    Killswitch is and isn't a Christian band. Both their lead singers, Jesse and Howard, have been Christians, and they have both wrote most of their songs from a Christian's perspective. There is always a couple of love songs in there, like "Start Again" off of the new album, but pretty much all of their lyrics have Christian meaning. Then again, I'm pretty sure the singers were and are the only Christians in the band.
    natuMzzri
    'metalchristian' review:
    Follow the Wolves and Lead Us Home are off of Storm the Gates of Hell...That came out AFTER The Triptych...
    KylebaDyle117
    Best albums in order..... 1) Extremist 2) The Triptych 3)Storm The Gates Of Hell 4) Summer Of Darkness 5) True Defiance 6) Demon Hunter 7) The World Is A Thorn