Demons And Wizards Review

Demons & Wizards: Demons And Wizards
Released: Feb 8, 2000
Genre: Power Metal
Label: Steamhammer/SPV
The album was recorded with the help of Jim Morris, who plays lead guitar on almost all tracks, and by Mark Prator on drums.
 9.5
review (1) 1 comment vote for this album:
Demons And Wizards Reviewed by: Rallad, on march 27, 2009

Sound: The allied forces of Blind Guardian's Hansi Krsch and Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer have in Demons And Wizards created a highly mind-blowing album. Few bands have I heard that incorporate such a taste of what I can describe as "playful darkness" which gives life to a monster of some very skilled and original rhythm. No other than Krsch'svoice could have been best for the job, his powerful vocals enchant the wayward listener. The magic is overpowering on tracks such as My Last Sunrise and Tear Down The Wall, a truly astonishing balance of soft mourning and some very catchy, heavy riffing. The writing of such songs are clearly very masterful, achieving full potential of Demons And Wizards. // 9

Lyrics: Rich in metaphor juice, Demons And Wizards' lyrics complement the song very well, conjuring the image of bards at a great feast around a great fire. Dark elements are present to the many layers which can have several intelligently written interpretations: "An eternal ray of light. Leave my mortal shape behind "... As mentioned above, Krsch has done an amazing job for vocals. // 9

Overall Impression: What really boosts this particular album apart from it's terrific material is that the sound is very uncommon and stands out from most power/heavy-metal. I'd say the best track on the album is the dazzling Fiddler on the Green which is a must hear. This is one of the few albums I have, and it is one of high value for me, Demons And Wizards: an excellent and inspiring work of art that will not fade no matter how many times it will be listened to. // 9

Comments