Touched By The Crimson King review by Demons & Wizards

• Released: Aug 30, 2005
Demons & Wizards: Touched By The Crimson King

THe is the side project of the guitarist of Iced Earth and the singer of Blind Guardian. The title is apt considering this is a mold of Iced Earth's dark guitar arrangements and Blind Guardians vocal wizardry. The guitar is dark and heavy always comming from the shadows, while the vocal quality is filled with the epic choruses you know and love in power metal.

This is, of course a power metal album and as such the lyrics are very limited and expected. Lots of epic ramblings of the Glory and power with the expected mystical elements you would expect from a singer who wrote an entire album as an interpretation of JR Tolkien's works. That said, the choral quality of the entire work is excellent and lyrics aside, I doubt anyone would argue the singer doesn't have talent.

This is actually the second album from this project. I felt this was a better showing. The groups eponomous album is more quiet and introspective, while this one is more metal. Definitely a go get if your a fan of metal. Unless you just hate any power metal in which case I can't help you.

Sound Mind
    they can't get sued. even in the mange Samurai Deeper, one of the characters tied to the central plot is called the Crimson King.
    Azrael`
    Amature wrote: I think unicorns are kick-ass.
    reptillios are defiantly much more epic than unicorns
    DopeDanny
    Hexagram
    Stephen King's Crimson King, which he took from King Crimson. That is why the rose is on the front cover if you haven't read the Dark Tower series
    Wonthefu
    They also have a song called The Gunslinger, which has direct Dark Tower references. Excellent series,the Dark Tower books. I'm reading the 7th one for the second time.
    T.J.
    I think its a good album and the story is of Stephen King's Dark Tower series, I know cause I'm on the 4th book: "Wizard and Glass" (should look harder into these things before making assumptions )
    DaveGilmour1189
    therobbert wrote: This is the worst band of all time.
    I doubt you've ever listened to them. Go suck it
    sheumack111
    DopeDanny wrote: Shouldnt they get sued or something with that name from the band King Crimson?? i believe the writers name is JRR,but whatever.
    I hope they do.... THey are a letdown to the greatest progressive band/album..... (King Crimson's: In the court of a Crimson King)
    Death-Anchor
    I think this cd is bangin, who cares if they take stuff from a book or take a name, they sound alot better than alot of stuff that ive herd and i think there gonna go realy far with it.
    Zooropean11
    I'm curious why nobody has yet said anything about the Uriah Heep album: Demons and Wizards...