Across The Land... Review

artist: Deniall date: 12/01/2004 category: compact discs
Deniall: Across The Land...
Released: 2004
Genre: Rock
Styles: Heavy Metal
It's Deniall's first album and also their demo album. They play a special genre: it's like heavy metal with a little bit impressions of melodic and symphonic metal.
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Across The Land... Reviewed by: cradleoffilth, on december 01, 2004

Sound: It's Deniall's first album and also their demo album. Deniall (www.deniall.be) plays a special genre: it's like heavy metal with a little bit impressions of melodic and symphonic metal. The songs on this album are very awesome and their line-up is very fantastic: one singer, two guitarists, one bassplayer a keyboardplayer and a drummer. Songs like 'Fire And Ashes' are pretty cool, but there are also slower songs on the record like 'The Rebel Angel'. // 8

Lyrics: The lyrics of 'Crematory' are very depressive, but the lyrics of 'The Rebel Angel' are very sad, because it's dedicated to friend who died in an accident a few years ago. The text of their intro is also very cool: 'Across the land they come, trough the air they fly. A call from the grave to suck your evil blood' (also the name of the album). The singer skills are very good. In the beginning he begun with singing for Deniall he had not such a good voice sound, but within the years it became better and better. // 6

Overall Impression: I can't compare it to one of their own albums because their next album is not in the stores already, but 'Live On Volts' will be better I think, because I saw them there. My favorite songs of their album are Crematory and Dreams. And it masquerades. I love it that I have Lodewyk's autograph on it but I hate it that the order of the songs on the backside of my cover is wrong. If it were stolen or losted I will buy another one for sure! // 10

Comments