Cool to Be You review by Descendents

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
Descendents: Cool to Be You

The record is full of pop-punk sounds, but also with a political twist which is seen in tracks such as 'Merican. The sound quality on this album is, as always with Fat Wreck Chords and The Descendents, very good. It's been mastered and recorded well, although on some tracks the bass is unheard.

The lyrics on this album are awesome, the singer, Milo, shows his full potential to write lyrics from the first song on this album. Milo's singing skills are as pop-punk as ever, with catchy melodies at every turn. The powerchords and bass parts fit perfectly with the lyrics and signing all the way thorugh.

Cool To Be You is the latest album from The Descendents, and although not their best album it still lives up to the quality of Everything Sucks and I Don't Want To Grow Up, however the quality of Milo Goes To College is still not surpassed. The album has 14 tracks, the best being Talking, Nothing With You or the title track Cool To Be You. If I did lose this album I would but it again, but maybe after buying Milo Goes to College.