Cool to Be You review by Descendents

• Released: Mar 23, 2004
Descendents: Cool to Be You

This is my first Decendants album so I really can't compare it to other albums. Their a little poppy but still have tons of talent. The bass is very easy to hear and give it kind of a Rancid or MxPx sound to it. There are also solos in almost every song. But sometimes I don't think the music quite fits the lyrics, also on some songs the rythm is a little shaky with the lyrics.

The lyics on this disc are very good they've got "punk rock" lyrics, poppy lyrics and quite a few love songs. Milo's vocals are very good also, he doesn't whine like most of the other pop-punk bands singers. One of the othe cool things about the lyrics is that Milo, Karl (Alverz, bass) and Bill (Stevenson, drums) all right songs.

Listening to this I can diffently see where MxPx got their infuences from. The best songs on here are probably Nothing With You, 'Merican, Dog And Pony Show, Cool To Be You, Maddie and Mass Nerder. I love the fact the the bass can be heard along with the guitars, and that there are solos in pretty much every song. The only bad thing about this album is that sometimes I don't think the music fits the lyrics. If it was stolen or lost I would most diffently buy it again.