I Don't Want To Grow Up review by Descendents

• Released: Jan 1, 1985
Descendents: I Don't Want To Grow Up

In this band's second full length attempt, they show a hint of what would later be called pop/punk. Songs like, Can't Go Back and My World, in my opinion two really great songs, aren't has rough and snotty as the songs from Milo Goes To College. But then we have songs like, Pervert and No Fb, which brings out their original lightning fast punk we all love. That brings me to the Instrumental called Theme. For guitar players, it's not the hardest song but, its pretty fun to play. Sounds sort of circues like at the begining and then the chorus sounds kind of triumphant tword the chorus. Great catchy songs with Milo's snotty vocals. Some songs get annoying after a while. Not the best recording but, it's a punk band. Get used to it!

"It's a dirty old place thats full of lies, and I'm still seein' through virgins eyes tonight." These lyrics from Can't Go Back really show that you can relate to their songs. Any young adolescent knows what it's like to be singled out and The Descendents are the epitamy of that. Not all there songs though, aren't on a seriouse note. Songs Like Pervert, "And I know I'm a pervert, because I like it. And I know I'm perverted because I want it, want it all the time." and GCF "All I want is some, Good clean fun" aren't seriouse at all but pretty entertaining. Great fun lyrics people can relate to. If your looking for deep and inspirational lyrics, this album isn't for you.

Great album that shows The Descendent's pop/punk start. Catchy songs that will satisfy everyone from pop-punkers to street punks. Stand out tracks, Can't Go Back, Ny World, Christmas Vacation, Pervert and Descendents. Check it out, a must have for Descendents fans.

mikexdude
    Holy shit, I wrote this review when I was like 12. And damn, my grammar was horrible. This is my favorite of album of all time now, I raise my score to a 10.