On My Way Review

Desol: On My Way
Release Date: Aug 7, 2007
Label: Adrenaline
Genres: Adult Alternative Pop/Rock, Latin Rock
This record pushes them even further through rediscovery of their passion for classic songwriting and the Latin rhythms that touch hearts.
 4.4
 7.7
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
On My Way Reviewed by: UG Team, on september 05, 2007

Sound: Taking a step out of my normal realm of music, this was a joy to hear. deSol is a combination of Latin and American rock. With a similar sound to Santana but still with a modern feel, On My Way is a great album. With ear pleasing melodies from the soft vocals mixed with a great acoustic sound and a nice steady beat from the percussion end, this CD is full of radio friendly tunes that are appealing to all ages. // 8

Lyrics: I found most of these songs were very catchy and by the second spin of the CD I was singing right along. However, some of the songs are sung with Spanish lyrics so I could not get into them as easily; they still have a great sound but being as that I don't speak Spanish I didn't really understand some songs, my loss. The songs that are mainly in English, I really enjoyed. I guess as a favorite, I would have to pick either Sing It All Night Long or Every Little Love Song. It is easy to put this album in and listen to it all the way through without skipping anything. The lyrics are written in a wonderful flow. I really give credit to Desol, they truly have talent in what they do and have made a great record. // 7

Overall Impression: This was a great album, although normally I would overlook this CD, due to Latin Rock not being my normal style of music, but I'm glad I gave them a chance. Now I'm going to try to find there first CD (self titled deSol 2005). Not only is this just a great record but it is something that I think anyone could enjoy. The music flow is excellent, it has a great rhythm, Desol's On My Way is an all around pleasure to listen to. // 8

Comments