The Dethalbum review by Dethklok

• Released: Sep 25, 2007
Dethklok: The Dethalbum

Calling the sound of this CD, "epic", would be an understatement. Many different styles of metal are present throughout the 23 tracks. The most common genre found is Melodic-Death metal, and they do this style quite well. I especially enjoy the way they blend lead work with more rhythmic patterns, so the songs are neither constant breakdowns - nor constant shredding. This CD is recommended to your average hard-rock or casual metal listeners, AND your truly, extreme metalheads as well. People not accustomed to listening to more heavy varieties of the genre will find this more tolerable, due to Nathan Explosion's different vocal styling.

The lyrics on the album are very tongue-in-cheek, with some tracks just having 2 or 3 words repeated in a very strong tone (as found on the track Thunderhorse). The lyrics comply quite well with the songs, often poking fun at the mainstream view on metal. The vocal-styling is very original. It is not a deep "growl", and it isn't screaming either. If Thor had a voice, it would probably sound like this.

Being 100% serious, this is one of the top 3 albums of 2007. My favourite songs are "The Lost Vikings" (reminds me of Amon Amarth), and Detharmonic (if metal had an anthem, this would be it). I really love the diversity of the music on it, but I don't really like how quiet the vocals are in a few songs. of course, this may have been done to poke fun at many people who say "It's just rawr rawr rawr!, Nothing good!". I f it were stolen, I could understand why. If I lost it, I probably wouldn't be able to go through the stress of trying to find the deluxe edition again. That's why it's backed up on my computer.