Rejoicing in the Hands review by Devendra Banhart

• Released: May 24, 2004
Devendra Banhart: Rejoicing in the Hands

This is one of the most amazing albums in 2004. There is something I dont think anyone relly know what it is. It's so beautiful that it could make the hardest heart cry. One man and his guitar, makes a spell that even a group on 14 persons could make. He's a member of the "new folk" style, and he is relly the only one in that kind of music I like.

The lyrics is relly funny. He tells story about himself and animals and anything that is excisting, and when you make that kind of music is it relly important to have a special voice. And Banhart really have, he has said to "Gaffa" (a danish magasin) "the only thing you can do is to hope that you voice is reminding someone, that they are not alone," and that makes you think: he's right!

This record is special! I don't think anyone have made music like that before the new wave. There are many good songs on the album. Only good songs. But my favourite must be "Fall" or "Autumns Child" but every song is lovely.

TheCrusade86
    This record is really really good. I really like his music, but I feel like something is missing... and I can't put my finger on it.
    daos_soad
    this is a good album that everyone should listen to. favorite song, a sight to behold its amazing, as well as all the other songs in it. =)