DevilDriver review by DevilDriver

• Released: Oct 28, 2003
DevilDriver: DevilDriver

With Dez Fafara fronting this heavy metal band, the sound is very much like Coal Chamber. I loved this album as it really allows the listener to vent their anger and it encompasses the senses with its heavy riffs and harsh vocals.

Though the lyrics aren't fantastic they are delivered with great power and agression. This takes your mind of the words and lets you get lost in te music itself. It doesn't matter if it doesn't make sense it sounds good!

Compared to other albums in its genre, I would say it has to be one of the better CDs I've heard. It's a sort of Coal Chamber like sounds, though it boasts that it has a heavier sound and feel to it. I bought the album after hearing Swinging The Dead in the movie Freddy Vs Jason. It is one of the best songs on the album along with I Could Care Less and I Dreamed I Died. I loved the agreesive nature of the CD. With heavy riffs and A-grade screaming this is a fantastic album. The only fault I could possibly find is the lyrics are weak. I'm not saying they are terrible, but I just thought I had to criticise something! If it were lost or stolen I would be an emotional wreck, and after getting myself together, I would definately buy it again.