The Fury of Our Maker's Hand review by DevilDriver

• Released: Jun 28, 2005
DevilDriver: The Fury of Our Maker's Hand

DevilDriver with this CD has progressed beyond what I had expected. The guitar work has become so good that at first I wasn't sure if I was listening to the same group, the drums as always are top notch. As a whole this album is very nice surprise which I wasn't expecting. The music flows from one direction to another, Dez vocals delve deeper and deeper and I start to wonder if he was ever able to sound soothing. This album has a few flaws but as a whole the use melody is a nice change. The great thing about the album is the fact that while listening to it you can't stop thinking that things can only improve. It's a progression but we can feel that the band has not come to the end of the line.

The lyrics as a whole are the part of the music which can improve but they are some pretty catchy stuff. It really depends on what sort of things a person is into to truly appreciate the lyrics. In no way are they perfect but still serve a purpose in the whole feel of the album. Dez vocally is a pure machine as the vocals change from one style to another.

The album is much better then most things similar that came out this year and is a huge progression from the s/t CD. With songs such as "End Of The Line" (which starts the album nicely with acoustic guitar as the guitar and drums brake the tranquility is a great song), "Sin And Sacrifice" (one catchy song with a great use of melody and changes in speed), Pale Horse Apocalypse (a great song with a solo which is mouth watering material) and the final closing of the album "The Fury" (a masterpiece which metamorphoses from acoustic melody to pounding drums). There are no filter songs most of them are pure head banging classics. But the only downturn is it is very demanding to listen to it for more then 20 spins at a time. If I had it stolen I would track the thief down and strap him to a chair making him listen to pop 'till he dies.