The Fury of Our Maker's Hand review by DevilDriver

• Released: Jun 28, 2005
DevilDriver: The Fury of Our Maker's Hand

When I first heard devildriver, I thought 'hey this is so awesome I've got to get their album. But when their second album (The Fury Of Our Makers Hand) came out, I thought it was even better. I would listen to the songs over and over again and never get tired of them. Their Thrash & Speed Metal sound is at perfection and unlike most bands, every song on every album is actually good instead of just the first 5 or 6. As you may have heard they're putting out a new album (Last Kind Words) which will be in stores July 30. Who knows? Maybe it'll be even better than this one.

Although I don't really get the lyrics, the singing is so awesome. I don't know how he get's that sound that makes him sound like he's gurgling mucus, and still say the words. It's truly amazing and it sounds great. The singing is actually what makes Devildriver so special. I've never heard a band that sings like Devildriver.

We all remember how Devildrivers first album (released in 1998) made great impressions to all those headbangers out there that love to move around to thrash/speed metal. It was going to be hard to top, but Devildrivers new album (Fury Of Our Makers Hand) was even better! There's some gnarly guitar work and the drums are fast moving to get the adrenalin pumping. The singing is incredible and is the main thing that sets it apart from other bands I just love the songs Pale Horse Apocalypse, Hold Back The Day, Sin & Sacrifice and Driving Down The Darkness. I give Fury Of Our Makers Hand 4 1/2 stars.

bass_emagdnim
    The Last Kind Words is AWESOME, yet another progression of sound & technique! Things just keep getting better