The Last Kind Words review by DevilDriver

• Released: Jun 18, 2007
DevilDriver: The Last Kind Words

Devildriver, a band that I have been listening too since I heard their single Hold Back The Day. From that day I have found my favorite band. A band that plays such an amazing mix of trash, speed and death metal that I just couldn't refuse the hand the devil shaked me. I myself know how to play some songs and I can say they aren't hard but they are enormously catchy. I would ask you for big applause for Dez, Jon, Michael, Jeffrey and John because I think this is their best album so far with raging solo's and destroying double bass (I had this CD since 16 june when I bought it at Fields of Rock).

I never really had something with those deep, slow death metal vocals, but Dez opened my eyes. I could never find any meaning in Dez's lyrics or a story behind it, but on this album I can amaging story's (Horn Of Betrayal). Overall Dez's voice is awesome and if you think he can't pull it off live then you're wrong. I was right in front of him on fields of rock 17 june and he never skipt a line.

This is absolute Devildriver in fifth gear. A combination of ear-punching chorus's, wrecking bridges (as always) and the newly added solo's that devildrive the songs to a new eary level. My personal favorites are Horn Of Betrayal, Burning Sermon, Tirades Of Truth, Bound By The Moon and The Axe Shall Fall (with that cool outro). I really hate the song Monsters Of The Deep because it has the crappiest distortion ever and it's way too slow for Devildriver.

NosferatuZodd09
    i love this album becasue there really but some force & thought into there songs. giving it a great sound & a really good background
    las7
    Cant wait to get my hands on this album, I have been really looking forward listening to what they cook up next
    ginger_ninja1
    yeah these guys just keep getting better and better. can't wait for their next album, if this is anything to go by then it's gonna be a classic!!! \m/
    nirvanafan11111
    i think the melody adds something to their sound! they are no longer a bland percussive force(saying that i do think their 1st 2 albums are awesome) they have something to conflict with dez's heavy vocals! this is why this album owns also check out the riff to head onto heartache(let them rot) that is one huge riff! These songs rock live!!
    6Slay6tanic6
    Saw them last Tuesdayon the last date of that tour and they were amazing! This album comes second to only the self titled album i think. Even though you can clearly tell how the band has progressed since then, just from listening to this masterpiece.