The Last Kind Words review by DevilDriver

• Released: Jun 18, 2007
DevilDriver: The Last Kind Words

DevilDriver has come a long way since 2003. Upon their self-titled debut in 03', they have become more popular than most of the amazing bands on Roadrunner Records, the label they represent. Once again they have redefined their sound. More solos and more advanced song and lyrical writing have made them one of the most technical bands on RR Records. I hope to hear more from Dez and his crew in the near future possibly a live album!

The lyrics are epic. That's almost all that is needed to say. It's brutal lyrical cuts like this that make Devildriver who they are, "Tied to the tree of woe, so woe to you. In front of the man with the dead eyes, with a choir of faith there's still hell to pay not enough hours in the day." As for vocal endurance, Dez Fafara has been a true to heart vocalist all his life, starting out with Coal Chamber in the early '90s, Bradley Dez Fafara has spawned to be one of the best frontmen of our time. He is amazing and supposodly a cool guy.

It compares closely with Shadows Are Security for AILD (As I Lay Dying) the drums and guitar itself remind me of that album specifically. The most impressive cuts to me, are usually not the singles, because when I buy a new album I find that most of the better songs that click with me are the ones surrounding the single, Horn of Betrayal and These Fighting Words really caught my attention. I love the fact that they added more solos and more advanced cuts but the fact is that Dez wont be around forever and I just feel like in this album his voice changed too much. As for losing it or it being stolen, I would buy it again.