Ziltoid The Omniscient review by Devin Townsend

• Released: Jun 5, 2007
Devin Townsend: Ziltoid The Omniscient

Alright, when I first found out about this album, I didn't think too much of it. I was thinking that this is going to sound softer than Strapping Young Lad (I am a huge SYL fan) but I was still going to get it sooner or later. Then I went onto youtube and watched the ddr version of Ziltoidia Attaxx and it blew my mind away! I soon bought the album off ITunes and was hooked. I am now officially in love with Devin Townsend. Not only did he grabbed a choke hold on the whole Sci-Fi theme, he turned it into something amazing! It starts off with ZTO, (I'll talk about the lyrics later because they are really funny) which sounds truely metal. But it gets even better from there. This album tells the story of the 4th Dimensional Ziltoid the Omniscient and the planet Earth. Trust me, and to those who think this is gimmicky and don't even pay attention to this album, this is a must have for metal fans especially SYL fans.

Devin Townsend is amazing. He sings these songs with such ease going from normal singing to his high pitch screaming to even gutteralls. The lyrics give the perfect mood and gives you a sense of actually being there.

Now this is the first album I've heard from Devin Townsends vault of solo albums, and it kicks ass! SYL fans will not be disappointed with this album. And to those talent seekers, Devin Townsend did everthing everything by himself on this. He wrote the songs, he played the guitar, did all the vocals and voices, and he used Toon Tracks Drumkit from Hell. This canadian bastard should get more recognition than he's getting because he is a metal genious.

con job
    I thought this album was a pisstake til I started listening to some of the songs on Youtube, the music is as good if not maybe better than some of his other stuff
    joshjhasarrived
    geetarguy92 wrote: devin is officially king 'They hide their finest bean!'
    I LOL'd at that part This album owns, it was my first DT album, and now I'm obsessed with him and SYL. This man made me appreciate screaming in music.
    Hexagram
    Wow, I picked this up 2 days ago and I'm in love with this album. It is so visual that I've listened to it 8-10 times all the way through now