Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! Review

artist: Devo date: 05/13/2005 category: compact discs
Devo: Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo!
Released: Jul 1978
Genre: Rock
Styles: American Underground, New Wave, Post-Punk, American Punk
It was one of the first pop albums to use synthesizers as an important textural element, and although they mostly play a supporting role in this guitar-driven set.
 9.8
 9.5
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! Reviewed by: slimer, on may 13, 2005

Sound: Well Devo is in a category all there own. They have guitars they have synthesizers and garage tools banging away in the back ground (I Can't Get No Satifation) so it's hard to put them in any category at all. They make alot out of a little. You can't really put them in rock, punk, or new wave (were they fit the best in) there in a category by themselfs. // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics are so off the wall thats it hard to take them seriously. They poke fun at a few things like religion (Praying Hands) and have the old Big Mac saying in Too Much Paranoias. It seams like they really didn't care about the lyrics all too much but thats all right the music makes up for that. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is an unknown classic that everyone should have. There mainly known for Whip It (Freedom of Choice) but this is the album you should have if you are looking for something different from everything else. They did a great job with this album and it should get the respect it deserves. // 10

Comments