Lightning To The Nations review by Diamond Head

• Released: Oct 3, 1980
Diamond Head: Lightning To The Nations

Diamond Head where one of the leading bands of the New Wave of British heavy metal, their sound is very much like the early Iron Maiden albums. Only better. Raw distorted guitars and sharp lyrics delivered by a skillful vocalist. Music people sayed that "there's more good riffs in an average Diamond Head song than in the first four Black Sabbath albums." And you are not going to be disapointed if you buy this album. This band inspired Metallica, so if you own Garage INC, most of this songs are familier to you. Classics like "Am I Evil," "The Prince," "Helpless" & "It's Electric" are here! Listen to the guitar solo in the middle of Sucking My Love, beutiful!

The lyrics is everything from getting a blowjob (Sucking My Love) to becoming a rock star (Helpless & It's Electric). Am I Evil is about a boy whoose mother is burned for beeing a witch, and the singer sings about his revenge (this song containes an amazing guitarsolo, I love it every time I hear it). The vocalist, Sean Harris, sounds much like Bruce Dickinson of Maiden, an he's not letting you down here! The lyrics fit the music perfect, and helps create the moods of the songs.

My opinion is that this album is better than most Iron Maiden albums, it is just a gem in my CD collection. On my edition there is 14 songs, 7 bonus songs. I only listen to the first seven songs, but every song on this record is good. The best song on this record is Lightning to the Nations or Am I Evil. They both have something rare over them. If I lost this record I would get out and buy a new one.