Tears Of Blood Review

Genre: Death/Thrash Metal
Label: Self-released
review (1) user comments vote for this album:
Tears Of Blood Reviewed by: Tomayo88, on june 07, 2012

Sound: Formed in February 2008 by guitarist Jason Hinde and Ricky Kerr, DieMentia are a Scottish Death/Thrash Metal band from Glasgow, and a force to be reckoned with! They're definitely amongst the best underground British bands! Influenced by bands like Decapitated, Pantera and Iron Maiden, the band has a unique sound - a hard thing to come by nowadays in the Death Metal scene. DieMentia are yet another great Scottish Metal band, along with Cerebral Bore, Laceration and Party Cannon, and they're the best of the bunch! They're a very talented band, and I think they will do well in the future. The guitar solos are awesome... I've no idea where they get the ideas for them but keep 'em coming I say! "Tears Of Blood" is just a demo project by the band, self-released in 2009... But it is awesome! Current line-up: Ricky Kerr - drums, vocals (only vocals on "Tears Of Blood") Jason Hinde - guitars Rowan Petch - bass (didn't appear on "Tears Of Blood") Duncan MacIvor - vocals (didn't appear on "Tears Of Blood") Ex-member: Dave Pollock - guitars, keyboards ("Tears Of Blood" only) // 10

Lyrics: The lyrics take direction in the the typical Metal vain with anger, hatred, killing and revenge. They are easily understood despite the growls and snarls, which I find a rarity in Extreme Metal and is something I personally love. There isn't really a big vocal range but it suits the music to a tee. // 10

Overall Impression: This demo album is the sh-t... It's great, fast and has some catchy riffs! The songs are a good length, which I love... The longer the better! Track Listing: 01. Corruption 02. Face The Fear 03. Tears Of Blood 04. Never Born 05. Bad Blood 06. No Escape 07. Thoughts Of Revenge 08. Trojan 09. Denied 10. Rage 11. Where I Belong // 10

Comments