Making The Grade review by Diffuser

• Released: Jul 15, 2003
Diffuser: Making The Grade

Making The Grade, produced by Mark Trombino (Sum-41, New Found Glory, All-American Rejects), was Diffuser's last CD before breaking up. It blends rock and pop to form an insane mix. They go from very poppy in the song "Get It On" to angry in "Here's To You". The record was written about a girl that Tomas (lead singer/rhythm guitarist) was seeing for awhile and she dumped him 2 days before Diffuser left to record their record in LA which leads to a very emotional record. Very rich, full, powerful sound.

singer/guitarist Tomas attended and graduated from Berklee College Of Music and studied composition. The songs are all very full, no holes. The lyrics are very personal for Tomas, dealing with his break-up. He has a great voice and is a great lyricist.

I can't thing of anything to compare Diffuser to because they sound so original. The most impressive songs on the album are "New High," "Get It On," "I Wonder," "Why," "Here's To You," "She's All Mine," and "Long Way From Home". What I love most about this album is that you feel the emotion in the music and lyrics. It's just amazing. There is nothing negative about this CD. If I lost this CD, I would buy it again within a second. This CD is definitley worth buying. I haven't stopped listening to it since I got it 2 months ago. Definitley check this CD out.