He Who Shall Not Bleed review by Dimension Zero

• Released: Aug 27, 2007
Dimension Zero: He Who Shall Not Bleed

Dimension Zero started out as a side project of In Flames members Jesper Stromblad and Glenn Ljungstrom in 1996. So while there may be some comparisons between these songs and some of the early In Flames songs, Dimension Zero is strictly old school Swedish melodic death metal. No keyboards or clean vocals here, these guys stick to their roots. They remind me a lot of At the Gates. This album is fast, heavy, and once it gets going, it doesn't stop until the end. Sometimes their riffs are kind of strange (you would have to hear it to understand), but that just adds to their overall sound.

Like other bands in this genre, it's pretty hard to make out the words sometimes. But even if you only manage to catch a few lines out of every song, you'll still be impressed. Jocke Gothberg is a very talented vocalist with a wide range. At times he'll scream like Tomas Lindberg, or he'll do an old school Anders Friden type growl, and sometimes he does something completely different. All of it fits with the music perfectly. Only downside is the fact that it's hard to catch some of the lyrics.

Simply put, this is one hell of a cd. It really does stick to the roots of Swedish MDM. Looking for some new material with old school sound? Pick this up. Wanting to broaden your musical tastes? Pick this up. Want to scare the crap out of people with what you listen to? Show them this album's cover. This is definitely one of the best metal releases of 2007. Tracks you absolutely must hear include: He Who Shall Not Bleed, Red Dead Heat, I Can Hear the Dark, Is. And if someone stole this from me, I would congratulate the ass for stealing such a great album. Then I'd get it again. The only problem with it is not being able to understand some of the lyrics, but hey, that's death metal for you.

Phe4rTheGod
    Amuro Jay
    Phe4rTheGod wrote: i cant wait to check them out...if itz heavier than I.F. then itz gotta be good...
    yeah, its even heavier than IF's older stuff