Silent Night Fever Review

8.3
 7.3
review (1) 5 comments vote for this album:
Silent Night Fever Reviewed by: Nugeon, on august 12, 2010

Sound: This band was created from heavy names such as Stromblad (In Flames), Ljungstrom (In Flames), and also Gothberg (Marduk). Contrary to the signature almost upbeat In Flames sound, Dimension Zero has a darker, heavier, and faster sound than one who listens to In Flames would expect. It has amazing melodies and extremely catchy tunes such as "Your Darkest Hour" and also "Through the Virgin Sky". There are just certain hooks that you can't ignore and Dimension Zero delivers. Now for the bad news. The drum beats are mostly a "thrash" beat and most of the songs sound the same. Now this may be boring, or it may say this is awesome. And most of the riffs resolve in a similar matter. All in all this album is pretty tight, Despite the redundancy it's still oen of my favorite Melodic Death Metal Albums. It's a definite upgrade from the metalcore tide of In Flames. // 8

Lyrics: Gothberg is an amazing vocalist and an amazing lyricist. He is able to write vivid and intense lyrics and still put it in a song to make it sound great. That is a hard feat. He has a distinct tone in his voice and has an amazing range. You can easily hear it in his layering. Every phrase and verse he says feels like the song needs it. He really makes the band stand out and is bringing back a new type of sound. // 8

Overall Impression: This album is a nice change up from what Jesper has been forced to play lately. I pray that this band will tour soon. The sound is raw and heavy. It's definitely an album you can headbang and mosh too. The most impressive songs to me at least are "The Murder Inn", "Through the Virgin Sky", "Your Darkest Hour." Everyone has their own opinion and most likely the sound will be enjoyable at least to people familiar with the Gothenberg sound. If it were stolen I'd buy another one, or probably attack the guy who stole it form me. // 9

Comments