Death Cult Armageddon review by Dimmu Borgir

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Dimmu Borgir: Death Cult Armageddon

I've been listening to this band for about 3 months, when I found out about them, melodic metal very interesting. I've learned some of their songs already, it's a satanic band, but that really doesn't bother me because the sound was very catchy and attractive in some way, just listen to the majority of the songs, a black metal band and a philharmonic orchestra, it's a really cool fusion, nice job.

The lyrics are not the usual English you hear in America, there are several words I had never seen before, track #7 must be some other language, definetly not english, this album is for open minded people okay? It's good to listen to something different every once in a while. Shagrath's poweful voice with vortex's clean chorus are impresing, don't forget Nick's assault and percusion, Galder and Silenoz's deadly guitar riffs and of course, Mustis' grand piano abilities.

The sound is similar to Cradle Of Filth, but I prefer Dimmu Borgir. The most impressive songs from this album are: Uredesbyrd, Progenies Of The Great Apocalypse, Lepers Among Us, Heavenly Perverse. I really like the musical fusion in this CD, orchestra and metal, it's genius. If this CD was stolen I would definetly buy another copy.