Death Cult Armageddon review by Dimmu Borgir

• Released: Sep 9, 2003
Dimmu Borgir: Death Cult Armageddon

The sound of this album is very powerful and seems to have alot of meaning to it. The sound to Progenies of the Great Apocylpse screams power. The guitar to Lepers Among us is so awesome, just inexplainable. Vredesburg is a killer song espescially since the song is sung in Norwegian or something witch gives it a taste of culture or background. For the World to Dictate our Death is is amazing song when we're talking both drumming and lyrics. Blood Hunger Doctrine is an inspiring song, I beat the las level of game Project Gotham Racing, to this song which made me feel really super cool for a neat reason and awsome lyrics. Allehgians Dod I rike (foreign talk, I dont know how you spell it) is an amazing highlight to the albums style powerful Vortex sings a part which just adds to the intensity and the guitar is awsome and fast. Cataclism Children, I find this song not as interesting as the others. Eradication something somethin is another awsome song starting with Mustis on synthesizers for a long part in the beginning giving it a nice feal to the energy and mystery. Unorthadox Manifesto complete masterpiece, starting with sound effects of war and the guitar is awsome on the solo and nice and lengthy. and finaly Heavenly Perverse I find the "clean" intro very sweet awsome song overall, nice and heavy.

The lyrics fit the music style very nicely. The Album title explains what most of the lyrics are about, like the Apocalypse seems to cover the lyric style exept for a couple songs like Lepers Among Us and Cataclism Children. The singers skills are ubelievable, he plays like all of the instruments used to make this album and he sings and plays drums in the album For All Tid.

This album doesnt seem to resemble anything else I've ever heard. Very unique. Awesome buy. Every song is extremely impressive but my favorites are Allegrens Dod I Rike and Unorthadox Manifesto. If this album were either lost or stolen I have it saved onto my computer so I can still listen to it but if I didn't own a computer I'd buy it again.

Mahoru
    It wasn't what I expected from Dimmu... It's nice, yes, but they've become too soft...
    6stringfreak13
    i love this album..
    The use of the Norwegian Philharmonic Orchestra (I believe thats correct) gives a strong sense of epicism and drama and atmosphere to the music.
    it's actually the Prague Philharmonic Orchestra. but close enough. lol