Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia review by Dimmu Borgir

• Released: Mar 20, 2001
Dimmu Borgir: Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia

Great album. Definatly thier best. A must have for any true black metal fan. The only thing I see wrong with it, is it's sometimes very empty sounding like it needs more. The song "Blessings Upon The Throne Of Tyranny" is their best song yet, it (to me) comes off as more death metal more than black metal. It's extremly well writen, best keyboard and drums I've ever heard. This CD is amazing!

The lyrics are amazing! It's mind-blowing how well writen it is. "Emerged from the depths of the earth's gasps. It rages against mankind, to annihilate the earth and worse. It spills the blood like rain the beuty of death it represents" from "Architecture Of A Genocidal Nature." That's just a sample! They're pretty f--ked up though, if you got a problem with satanic stuff, look elsewhere, but I'm catholic and I love this album!

This album is great! But sometimes it seems that they work on their lyrics more than the music. As I said before, sometimes it seems a little empty in the music. But for any true black metal fan this album is awesome!

Your41Plague12
    I just got this cd a couple weeks ago, and i absolutely love it.. definitely get this one, it's a staple in any dimmu fan's collection.
    Mahoru
    For me, their third best album, before Enthrone darkness triumphant and Stormblast. A lot of melody (too much for me), but it's very good.